Friday, December 29, 2006

Overheard: Emma

Emma: Dad, the boys are being mean.
Me: They're not being that mean. You need to be tougher!
Emma (after going back to the boys): You boys need to stop being tougher 'cause I don't know how to do that.

Here's another one...Emma is always coming up with big plans for the two of us. It's very endearing. She and I went on a trip to Costco yesterday and she was quite a talker:

Emma (while riding in the cart): Dad, I wish I could go surfing with you. (This was totally out of the blue...She is a little Californian, but I don't know why she was thinking of surfing while riding in the cart at Costco.)
Me: That would be so much fun.
Emma: Let's go today.
Me: Well, there's no ocean in Indiana.
Emma: Rrr.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

These little things they say are so fun to read. I am glad you are saving them because we to soon forget!Hmmmmm she has a bit of Ca in her!
Love You
Grammy

The Queen said...

"Rrr"- hehe!!