Saturday, February 10, 2007

Overheard

A couple of days ago I got my haircut at a barber shop in the old part of our town. It's a classic kind of barber shop with animal heads on the walls, no cash registers or credit card machines, and three old leather seats. Clippers are used more than scissors. Anyway, here was part of my conversation with the barber:

Barber: It sure has been cold out this week.
Me: Yeah, I was joking with my wife that we should put our newspaper on vacation hold for a few weeks, because it's just too cold to go outside and pick it up in the morning.
Barber: You're not from around here, are you?

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Did you tell him you were a So Ca guy who is used to sun and surf and being able to be outside every day!
Toooo cold there for me!
Love and Hugs
Grammy

Lyle said...

Too bad you can't put the snow on vacation hold. I remember having to go out and shovel in those temperatures when I lived in Idaho Falls. MISERABLE!

stephanie said...

ha! that was funny.

The Queen said...

That is hilarious! Sounds like a really cool place.