Friday, April 27, 2007

Marshmallow

That's what we're thinking of calling Sophie these days because she is so a) squishy and b) mellow.


Tonight we watched "Night at the Museum" with the kids--an event they've been waiting for since the Netflix DVD arrived on Tuesday. We pretended like it was the movie theater and turned out the lights and ate popcorn and Starbursts. Except at the movie theater they don't make you eat popcorn while sitting on a sheet to keep the floor clean, but whatever.

I fell asleep about 10 minutes into the movie, while sitting on the couch holding Sophie. (Never invite me to any Friday night parties.) Sophie sat on my lap for over ONE HOUR while I slept (she was not in danger of falling off, don't worry!). She never complained--she sat there patiently the entire time, singing her little songs and playing with her hands.

When the movie finished, Ginger and I put the big kids to bed. I took Sophie to her room, wrapped her up and put her on the bed. She didn't seem tired, but it was time for bed and I figured why not? Within two minutes she was asleep, sucking on her fingers. Again, no complaints, not even a peep.

We all think she's perfect, and such a blessing.

8 comments:

Leslie said...

you and neal both, no fun to watch movies with.
popcorn on the sheet, just like old times! :)
and what a perfect little one that sophie is. she and miles need to have a one-on-one in Hawaii about the whole putting yourself to sleep thing.

Lyle said...

Wow, now see, if I could just have a couple of those, I would just start having kids myself!

stephanie said...

she is such a doll. really. she sounds totally perfect. can my next baby please be like that?

Carla said...

What an angel...so careful not to wake her tired Father.

Lyle, maybe you don't remember the little talk we had, but you *cannot* have kids by yourself!

The Queen said...

Oh that girl is so sweet. I heard her talking to herself the other day when I was talking to Ginger and she was so cute!!!! Did the kids and Ginger like that movie? We have it on our list from Netflix as well.

Leslie said...

one of these days i'm going to take a video of miles looking at this picture of sophie. he must remember her, he giggles and laughs and then looks at me and then back at sophie and giggles some more.
it is way cute. i can't wait until he sees her in real life.

Jenny said...

what a sweetie! so glad you posted a photo of her. we love seeing your cute kids.

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

she sounds just like she looks! she's so cute! i love popping over here once in a while to see pics of her. what a doll!