Thursday, May 31, 2007

Overheard

Tonight Andrew came into his bedroom, sat down on the carpet, picked up a small piece of a geode and threw it at his chest. After he threw the crystal at his chest and it had bounced down to the floor, he looked around the room and asked, "Dad? Am I invisible?"

I had to break it to him: "Sorry dude. That didn't work. You're still visible."

I read an article the other day that said when kids are around eight years old they stop mixing up wishes with reality. Glad to know Andrew hasn't lost his imagination yet. Maybe I should have told him that his trick had, in fact, rendered him invisible.

3 comments:

The Queen said...

Oh, what a sweet kid.

Barbara said...

What a great kid. If wishes were fishes -is that how the saying goes? O course if that was true I would wiggle my nose and be there to hug all of those precious boys and girls!
Love you,
Grammy

Brent said...

Omigosh. We'll be dealing with invisible children on your visit?