Thursday, September 13, 2007

Overheard

Two events to report today.

Situation #1


Lady At The Security Desk: Name, please.
Me: Elliott.
LATSD: I LOVE the name Elliott. I have a baby niece with that name.
Me: Oh... That's nice.

That's the second time I've come across a baby girl named Elliott. Soon there will be no names that belong exclusively to boys. Sheesh.

Please join me in a boycott of this show.

Situation #2

Lady At The Checkout: You're named Elliott?
Me: Yes.
LATC: I LOVE the name Elliott.
Me: Funny you should say that. I had a person say the exact same thing to me today. That person told me she has a niece named Elliott.
LATC: A girl named Elliott? That's weird. I like the name because I LOVE the movie ET.
Me: Hmm.

9 comments:

Leslie said...

that's totally lame. if we had another boy, elliott would have probably been his name.
that show is funny, but i'll join your boycott for the sake of your name's masculinity. :)

elliott said...

$10 for anyone who names their daughter Mitt.

Christina said...

elliott-this is christina (roberts)hales--ive been lurking your blog lately-wasnt sure if YOU were writing all these hilarious posts or if it was your wife-

sorry about the name situation today-im busting up! i honestly think your the only elliott i know!??!?! how weird is that!

im at www.halescorner.blogspot.com

stephanie said...

a girl named elliott? that is so dumb.

Elizabeth said...

Haha, I love awkward people.

Carla said...

You're not in Kansas anymore, Elliott.

Barbara said...

A girl named Elliott?????????

The Queen said...

What is wrong with people? That girl's whole life people are going to be surprised that she's not a boy.

Pa said...

i agree with the queen! elliott is one of the strongest male names i can imagine - but your sister is named after my grandfather and i am named after another grandfather, so styles definitely change. and what about elliott the dragon from pete's dragon. a very masculine figure! mom