Monday, October 29, 2007

Overheard


Two stories about our little Emma...

#1

Emma (after some contemplation): Force fields aren't really real.
Me: Yep, that's right.
Emma: Because Abby hurt me even though I have a force field. (Abby is a 6 year old daughter of some friends.)
Me: How did she hurt you?
Emma: She broke through my force field.

#2

On Saturday night at around midnight, I was standing in our master bathroom brushing my teeth. All of a sudden, Emma stumbled into the bathroom, rubbing her eyes, and walked right past me into our closet. Was she sleepwalking? I followed her into the closet, where she walked to a pile of clothes, turned around, and started to pull down her underwear as if she was going to use some nonexistent toilet. I quickly picked her up and ran her to the toilet, narrowly averting disaster.

I'm just glad I was still awake and in the bathroom. Next time we may not be so lucky.

6 comments:

Barbara said...

She must have been sleepwalking.
The part about the forcefield is to cute. She is something else to even wonder about it and ask if it is real. Love her
Hugs
Grammy

Lyle said...

HAHAHA!! Those stories are hilarious! In a way, she's lucky if she's a sleepwalker. I'm not a sleepwalker, but I do talk in my sleep. It was always quite entertaining for me to wake up in the morning and hear from John or one of my roommates about the odd things I had talked about in my sleep last night. I'm sure I still say odd things, but I don't have roommates now and so I've missed the stories. So this will give Emma something to look forward to when she wakes up.

I did have a sleep-walking roommate for awhile. Among other things, we had to go get him when he walked out of our apartment, across the parking lot, and over to the girls' apartments. He would walk in and just plop himself down on the girls' couches, still fast asleep. Totally weird.

Jenny said...

emma's logic sounds a lot like her cousin maxwell's logic. :)

nice save on story #2. :)

Anonymous said...

Nice. Something to make me laugh tonight.

Carla said...

oh, boy..... never a dull moment.

Jenny said...

bentley and maxwell find story #2 a bit hard to believe. they think maybe you dreamed it.