Monday, June 23, 2008

Overheard

EMMA: Dad, when I was walking up the stairs I had a heart attack.
ME: That is distressing news. Do you need to go the hospital?
EMMA: No.
ME: It's pretty unusual for a 4-year old girl to have a heart attack. How do you know you had a heart attack?
EMMA (breathing heavily with her hand on her chest): I just do.
ME: Do you have hypochondriac's disease?
EMMA: I don't even know what that is.

UPDATE: In addition to a failing heart, Emma's knees have been giving out at unfortunate times and in unfortunate places. So for the last few days she has been carrying a cane, or a stick that works like a cane. It's all very sad.

See the pain that she's in?

Look what happens when she lets go of her cane. Very dramatic.

6 comments:

The Queen said...

hahaha! man, that girl is funny!

Leslie said...

oh dear, the poor little thing. well, at least she still has her beauty, even if her health is failing.

the cane thing reminds me of ralphie in a christmas story, when he imagines that he's blind, but still kills all the bad guys? :)

Barbara said...

Oh my goodness, poor little thing! Glad the stick holds her up. She is truly an actress.
Love and Hugs
Grammy

Carla said...

Oh! Her toe has turned green!
Do you think she has developed gangrene along with the hypochondria?

Lyle said...

hammin' it up! I love it!

Jenny said...

poor emma. :) she's so funny.