Thursday, August 21, 2008

Almost forgot


Ginger went to "meet the teacher night" at school the other day, and Ethan's teacher came up to her after and said, "There's something I need to ask you. Did Ethan really kill a black bear in Utah with his grandpa this summer?"

That's what he wrote in his first day "What I did this summer" essay.

Ethan's source for inspiration (for his essay, and for much of his communication with his family these days) was Napoleon Dynamite:

Don: Hey Napoleon, what did you do last summer again?
Napoleon: I told you! I spent it with my uncle in Alaska hunting wolverines!
Don: Did you shoot any?
Napoleon: Yes, like 50 of them! They kept trying to attack my cousins. What the heck would you do in a situation like that?
Don: What kind of gun did you use?
Napoleon: A freakin' 12-gauge, what do you think?

On another note, Ethan lost another tooth this week. Now he has three holes in the front of his mouth.

5 comments:

stephanie said...

oh that ethan.

i can just see him and dad hunting for bears down by the stream. :)

Anonymous said...

ha! at least he's creative! ;)

Pa said...

Do you want me to send corroborating photos? What a card - Ethan is great! From his earliest days, his sense of humor knew no bounds.

Lyle said...

good, he's livened up a dull, time-killing assignment into something creative, interesting and fun.

Carla said...

Three holes in one's mouth is better than a hole in one's head. :)
I hope you keep that essay!