Friday, October 17, 2008

1986

Our friends threw a fun 80s party tonight. Ginger looked GOOD. Andrew went as Reverend Run from Run DMC. Ginger's going to track down some photos our friends took and put them on her blog. (Andrew's costume was a last minute decision so we didn't get any photos with our camera.)

I've had that shirt since 1988. Seriously. It only gets better with age.

Speaking of the 80s... The other day I was in Target with Sophie and she started randomly belting out Michael Jackson's "Beat It". "JISH BEADIT. JISH BEADIT." She sings that song at home a lot, but that was the first time she's done it OUT LOUD in a public venue.

We're raising them all wrong, I tell you.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

The Queen said...

Cause this is thrillaaaa!!!!

Oh, sorry. I got carried away.

You guys look HOT! I LOVE the blue eyeshadow and the fake blond mustache. Did Ginger kiss you while you wear wearing it?? And those metallic leggings?? Like, oh my gosh, to die for!!

Jenny said...

nice. :) sounds like fun. can't wait to see andrew's costume.

Leslie said...

wow, ginger looks so good!! i totally remember that shirt, it ought to be framed or something. sounds like fun!

Barbara said...

You look cool! Think Grammpy has several shirts at least that old. I know I do to. Guess we should go shopping!!!

Pa said...

you are a lucky man elliott! and how does sophie know beatit?

Lyle said...

This post is just awesome in so many ways.

Did I mention that I love Beat It and watching Sophie sing Beat It would be the highlight of my year?

And seriously, you guys better get something cold to drink, 'cause you look hot!

Kelsey said...

Elliott, scary how the mustache gives you a slight resemblance to Napoleon Dynamite's brother. Ginger, it's amazing to see how many elements of your outfit have actually come back in style--flats, leggings, belt-over-shirt.