Sunday, May 17, 2009

I for one welcome our new robot overlords.

Ginger got a Roomba for Mother's Day. When she opened it, she had a look on her face that said "I am supposed to be excited about getting a vacuum cleaner for Mother's Day?"

Now she's a fan. But that's not the purpose of this blog post. The purpose is this:

When we pulled the Roomba out of the box and put it on the floor, Emma crouched down next to it, and in her baby talk voice said, "Hello, robot, my name is Emma. What's your name?"

I am sure she was disappointed when Roomba didn't respond, although she held it in well. She naturally assumed the Roomba could talk. Robots always talk in the movies.

4 comments:

Pa said...

Roomba's have improved - maybe one day they will talk.

Leslie said...

parker loved the roomba at neal's sister's house. he and audrey thought it was "SO CUTE!"

Barbara said...

Linda has on- I am still not sold.

Lyle said...

My robot girlfriend doesn't talk either.

I kind of like it.