Sunday, May 24, 2009

Overheard

Lately Sophie and I have been watching the "Elmo goes to the potty" video on youtube to encourage her to kick the diaper habit once and for all. The video has a song that the dad sings to baby Elmo. Yesterday Sophie and I were walking by Ethan and Emma in the hallway and I sang the song but changed the words slightly to "It's Potty time! You can do it Ethan!" (Instead of "You can do it Elmo!")

When Ethan and Emma walked about 10 feet past me Ethan turned to Emma and said "THAT was awkward."

3 comments:

Carla said...

Ethan's hilariou... I always enjoy his remarks.

Barbara said...

Ethan is such a little character and comes up with the funniest things. I am sure he keeps the family is laughter!

Lyle said...

Looks like you're never going to make it as "a cool dad."