Thursday, December 10, 2009

How we roll in Indiana

With wind chill it's zero degrees out today.

When the kids came home from school yesterday they headed straight outside to enjoy the weather: sledding on the ice covered driveway, making snow angels in the grass, watching their sleds blow away in the 60mph gusts, etc., etc.

Emma stayed outside playing for two hours. Before we knew it she had attracted a handful of other crazy kids.

(See the swings and snow blowing in the wind? Ay caramba.)

They eventually came inside and Ginger made them all hot chocolate.


7 comments:

The Queen said...

lol, those ARE some crazy kids. I can't get warm here and it's 70 in my house!

Pa said...

that's great! it gives me more incentive to take my morning walk today as it is minus 10 right now! mom

Lyle said...

Once in my first year or two at BYU-Idaho it was negative 40 degree with windchill.

Leslie said...

insanity. and oh the contrast between your header photo and that one. yikes!

MIMI n' LINCOLN RULE!! said...

that's a lot of snow clothes. i guess you need it in the 0 degree weather.

Barbara said...

Oh my that is really cold. Kids are amazing- can't imagine staying out in that weather. It is 51 degrees this morning when I went to the gym and I was freezing. The house is 70 and I am still cold- guess I will put on another sweatshirt!!!

Carla said...

Brrrr! Thank goodness for Mothers and hot chocolate. I used to swim until my lips were blue... oh to be young again.
I didn't realize the house in back was finished!