Wednesday, September 08, 2010

She can't say "s" anymore

She stood next to me in the office and waited patiently while I sat in my chair and tried several times to get a good grip on her tooth. After six or seven pulls it came out with a little pop, and I remembered running into the guest bathroom when I was her age, hiding under the toilet to avoid that pop. Emma is brave, plus she just really wanted the money under her pillow. When I finally pulled it out, she didn't even know until I handed her the tooth. And now she talks with a slight lisp. She's going to be eating food through a straw when the tooth next to the gap falls out--it's due any day now too.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Leslie said...

yay! my favorite phase. :)

Barbara said...

tooth time and tooth fairy time.

stephanie said...

oh, what a pretty girl!

Carla said...

Whew! I'm glad that's over and done.
For now, anyway. What a wonderful photo.

joojierose said...

both girls look so old in these photos! sigh.