Thursday, October 07, 2010

Can I use your guys' phone for a sec?*

The tiny hinge screw fell out of Andrew's eyeglasses at school the other day. He was pretty sure it happened in French class. So he went to the office, called home, and asked Ginger if she could bring his metal detector to school. He wanted to canvass the classroom and hallways to look for it.

A perfectly logical solution, I suppose, in a parallel universe where time has no value. Ginger tried to dissuade him by explaining that the desks in the French classroom were probably made of metal. Andrew insisted they were made of wood, even the legs, so his plan would work. Ginger told him she wasn't going to bring his metal detector to school, and that he could wear his spare pair of glasses in the meantime. After he hung up the phone, Andrew decided to go to the school nurse,* who fortunately had an eyeglass repair kit in her desk.*

I am posting this with Andrew's permission because we agreed this is going to be really funny to him in a few years. I think it's pretty funny now.

*Reference: Napoleon Dynamite, chapstick

4 comments:

Cleo said...

Oh my, that was very funny.

Also, I was quite surprised to learn that they taught French at the elementary school but then I remembered Andrew is in middle school! Sheesh, at least I won't be a teenager anymore by the time he is.

Barbara said...

yes I have to agree, it is pretty funny!!!!

Carla said...

Clever boy! Few would have thought of such an ingenious solution.

Andrew said...

i called from my science class, not the office.