Friday, March 24, 2006

Huh?

Tonight at the end of dinner...

Ethan: Can I have some more spaghetti?
Me: Sure, but why don't you finish the spaghetti on your plate first?
Ethan: But there's too much!
Me: I thought you wanted more?!?
Ethan: Do I have to eat all of the spaghetti on my plate?
Me: No, eat as much as you want.
Ethan: But can I have more?
Me: Yes, if you eat what's on your plate first.
Ethan: But..there's...TOO...MUCH!

This circular loop of a conversation repeated itself a couple of times. Then Ethan took a few additional bites of the spaghetti on his plate, decided he was done, and left the table to have a karate match with Andrew.

This is a mystery, I am afraid, that may forever remain unsolved.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Strange, yet endearing.

Jenny said...

His logic sounds a lot like Bentley's. :)

Anonymous said...

What a little character is he! We love him so much. The Little League video takes me back awhile because it doesn't seem that log ago we were watching you!
Love and hugs