Thursday, May 22, 2008

Bragging rights

Ethan won the first grade spelling bee today! In an assembly for all the first grade classes, he successfully spelled "voyage" to seal the deal. This is quite an accomplishment, considering the school has nearly 4 million first graders. Hooray!

He followed in his older brother's footsteps, and now the title is back where it rightfully belongs, under our roof. Emma's already feeling the pressure.

The kids said they want to celebrate this weekend by going bowling.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

They are so SMART. Take after their Mom and Dad!!!All the reading pays off.
Love you
Grammy

Brent said...

Congratulations,Ethan.

Lyle said...

Nice job, Ethan!

I won the spelling bee in the sixth grade, out-dueling my friend Debra for the coveted title when she mispelled the word "carburetor."

I then went to the district competition, where I was promptly eliminated in the first round when I mispelled the word "carburetor."

Sort of kept me from getting a big head about my victory. :)

Jenny said...

congratulations ethan! our boys were impressed. :) (as were john and i, of course.)